Through lectures, practical workshops, case discussions and theoretical studies, our course will introduce you to a range of approaches to dramatherapy. You will reflect on your own practice in group discussions, and be supported by an extensive programme of tutorials and supervisions.
Your studies will focus on intercultural practice, attachment/mother-infant observation and the understanding of how past relationships manifest in current client difficulties – and how they can be worked with through the dramatherapeutic relationship. You will also work with music therapists in lectures and performance work, such as Playback Theatre.
Our experiential teaching will focus on your own dramatic autobiographical process, dramatherapy theory, links between theory and practice, and bi-weekly experiential dramatherapy groups. In the Dramatherapy course at Anglia Ruskin University, you will reflect upon your clinical experiences and the process of becoming a dramatherapist.
As a qualified dramatherapist you will be able to work in many different areas, such as the NHS, social services, education, or community projects. You may also choose to work privately or on a freelance basis, with a client base from prisoners to children with learning difficulties.
Successful completion of this course will allow you to register with the Health and Care Professions Council – a legal requirement for practising dramatherapists in the UK.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Clinical Placements and Experiential Development 1
- Music Therapy and Dramatherapy Multidisciplinary Theoretical Studies
- Dramatherapy Practice and Clinical Skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology View 104 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United Kingdom
- Usually a good 2.1 honours degree classification (or equivalent) in drama, performing arts or a related subject. Evidence of sustained engagement with drama in a variety of forms (theatre, movement, performance). Relevant motivation, maturity and ability to reflect on self in relation to others. Two references, DBS Enhanced Level check and Occupational Health clearance will be required.
- Minimum of 1 year full time (or equivalent) clinical/field work experience preferably with children, adults or older people working in a caring capacity including in teaching, social work, mental health and community drama in a professional or voluntary capacity.
Minimum of 1 year full time (or equivalent) clinical/field work experience preferably with children, adults or older people working in a caring capacity including in teaching, social work, mental health and community drama in a professional or voluntary capacity. Relevant motivation, maturity and ability to reflect on self in relation to others and emotional robustness.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13500 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA7900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7900 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.