The Master of Applied Science - Plant Biotechnology from University of Otago brings together the expertise of plant scientists in the Botany and Biochemistry departments and aims to produce graduates with a knowledge of the structure and function of the whole plant and the ability to apply modern molecular and biochemical techniques to the manipulation of plants of agronomic importance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Special Topic
- Plant Physiology and Biotechnology
- Plant and Environment
- Supervised Independent Study
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiotechnology Plant & Crop Sciences Biochemistry View 6 other Masters in Plant & Crop Sciences in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International34728 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34728 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5707 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5707 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- National: 9,398 NZD
- International: 56,856 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.