Students enter the Master of Public Health at University of Otago after completing a one-year full-time equivalent Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health (DPH). The MPH is an internationally recognised qualification in its field. It is taught in small classes, with an emphasis on multi-disciplinary approaches. Students are drawn from a wide range of backgrounds in the health, social and allied sciences, and many enrol on a part-time basis.Graduates from the programme are equipped to work in a range of non-clinical fields in the health sector, principally in planning and management and in the delivery of public health programmes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The programme of study shall consist of either
- approved PUBH papers to the value of 60 points and a 60-point dissertation; or
- a 120-point thesis embodying the results of one year of full-time or equivalent part-time supervised research.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health View 21 other Masters in Public Health in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International24799 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24799 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National6838 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6838 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- National: 11,430 NZD
- International: 41,452 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.