You'll develop your skill in efficient construction, law and the financial management of built environments. You'll get the knowledge and confidence required of professionals in the construction business – and follow in the footsteps of our past graduates, many of whom now hold senior positions in the industry.
We've been delivering property courses for over 35 years, and this course has been recognised by both the construction profession and the national press.
On this course, you'll:
- Visit sites and study locally based case studies that will introduce you to the professional markets and environments
- Attend and contribute to current debates by visiting guest speakers
- Gain a solid understanding of contemporary issues in the construction sector
- Be taught by staff from a wide range of commercial, construction and quantity surveying practice, including quantity surveyors, architects, project managers, construction lawyers and structural engineers
This Quantity Surveying course at University of Portsmouth will prepare you to take senior positions in the industry. As a professional with interdisciplinary management skills for land and property, your skillset will be in demand. Previous graduates have gone on to work for employers such as Turner & Townsend and Transport for London.
What can you do with a Quantity Surveying degree?
Specific roles that previous students have taken include:
- quantity surveying
- property development
- project management
This course is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Construction Law, Contracts and Dispute Resolution
- Construction Management and Safety
- Construction Technology, Measurement and Tendering
- Pre-Contract and Post-Contract Quantity Surveying Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Make your application as soon as possible.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 126 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A good honours degree or equivalent academic qualification in a technical or analytical discipline. Exceptionally, applicants from non-technical/analytical disciplines but with proven and substantiated experience in the property or construction fields will be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.