It recognises that business is being conducted in a dynamic, global environment and that organisations, both in New Zealand and through the world, need individuals who can work across the traditional functional boundaries as well as across national borders.
The Master of Commerce - International Business at University of Otago offers students the opportunity to combine the study of key international business issues with the study of language and cultural issues.
On completing the degree students will possess the following attributes:
- An understanding of the principles of international business
- An appreciation of New Zealand's position in the global business environment
- The ability to evaluate financial, managerial, economic, organisational and marketing issues in a global context
- The ability to take an interdisciplinary approach to international business
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers and suppliers in different countries
- A good working knowledge of their chosen language including business situations
- A sensitivity to different cultures and the ethical issues facing companies operating in a global environment
- The ability to work effectively in small multicultural groups.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The programme of study shall consist of the preparation and submission of a thesis embodying the results of supervised research. In some cases, a candidate may also be required to take and pass approved papers, normally at 400-level, in addition to completing a thesis.
- The candidate shall, before commencing the investigation to be described in the thesis, secure the approval of the Head of the Department concerned for the topic, the supervisor(s) and the proposed course of the investigation.
- A candidate may not present a thesis which has previously been accepted for another degree.
- For the thesis, the research should be of a kind that a diligent and competent student should complete within one year of full-time study.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBusiness Administration International Business View 20 other Masters in Business Administration in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International22602 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22602 USD per year during 12 months.
National6025 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6025 USD per year during 12 months.
- National: $8,279.00
- International: $31,056
Living costs for Dunedin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.