Every candidate for this Master of Music offered by University of Otago must either have been admitted to the degree of Bachelor of Music with Honours (MusB(Hons)) or have been awarded the Postgraduate Diploma in Music (PGDipMus), or have alternative qualifications or experience acceptable to the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Humanities).Graduates find themselves in a wide variety of careers, including music performance, composition, education, technology, theatre and the media.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- To gain the degree in Composition, a candidate must present an approved portfolio comprising an extended work and such further compositions as may be required, accompanied by a written component.
- To gain the degree in Studio Production, a candidate must present a substantial, professional-quality sound recording of original or arranged works, accompanied by a written component.
- To gain the degree in Performance, a candidate must present two approved public performances of approximately 50 minutes each in the University, at least one of which shall be at the end of the programme, undergo an oral examination, and complete a written component. The candidate may replace one of the performances with a recorded performance.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesMusic View 12 other Masters in Music in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International23796 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23796 USD per year during 12 months.
National6025 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6025 USD per year during 12 months.
- National: $8,279.00
- International: $32,696
Living costs for Dunedin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.