The basic questions of philosophy connect with almost every subject taught at university, so 100-level Philosophy papers are a useful part of any degree. Master of Arts - Philosophy at University of Otago examine the foundations of many disciplines including the sciences, mind and language, religion, ethics, politics and logic.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Dissertation
- Writing and Revision for Graduate Research
- Research Methods in the Humanities
- Key Debates in the Humanities
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 12 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International17082 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17082 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National4185 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4185 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- National: 6,853 NZD
- International: 27,966 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.