The post-graduate programs and activities of the Centre for Environmental Science and Engineering at IIT Bombay are designed addressing to the needs and challenges of major industrial sectors, governmental sectors, like MHRD, MOEF, CSIR, DST, AICTE, international agencies like WB, UNDP/ UNEP, UNIDO and various funding institutions.CESE has a dedicated group of ten faculty members with multi-disciplinary background and interests together with faculty co-opted from allied disciplines to lead the activities of the centre. The Centre offers M.Tech. and Ph.D. programmes, which are interdisciplinary in nature and consists of course work followed by a research project.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Environmental Studies
- Environmental Science and Engineering
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Design of Air Pollution Control Systems
- Environmental Systems Modelling
- Design of Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Municipal Engineering
- Energy Conversion and Environment
- Design of Biological Treatment Systems
- Physico-Chemical Processes
- Biological Processes
- Air Pollution Fundamentals
- Field Lab
- Computer Lab
- Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Microbiology and Ecology
- Air Pollution Science and Engineering
- Municipal Water and Wastewater Systems
- Physico-Chemical Treatment Technologies
- Principles of Env. Management
- Industrial Wastewater Management and Reuse
- Environmental Statistics and Experiment Design
- Environmental Law and Policy
- Municipal Solid and Biomedical Waste Management
- Solid and Biomedical Waste Management
- Environmental Toxicology and Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Management Environmental Sciences
- B.E./B.Tech./AMIE or equivalent in Aeronautical / Aerospace Engineering (AE) Agricultural Engineering (AG) Biotechnology (BT) Chemical Engineering (CH) Civil Engineering (CE) Energy Engineering (EN) Environmental Engineering (EV) Mechanical Engineering (ME) Mining Engineering (MN) Metallurgical Engineering / Materials Science & Engineering (MT)
- (ii). M.Sc. or equivalent in Atmospheric Science (AT) Biotechnology (BT) Biochemistry (BY) Chemistry (CY) Earth Sciences (ES) Environmental Toxicology (ET) Environmental Science (EM)
International640 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 320 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National640 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 320 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- 25000 Rs. (320 EUR) NonConcessional Fees
- 5000 Rs. (64 EUR) Concessional Fees
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.