Energy Systems Engineering (ESE) was founded as an inter-disciplinary group at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay offering M.Tech and Ph.D. programmes. ESE has graduated more than 300 M.Tech and 30 PhD students so far.
The Board of Governors of IIT Bombay approved the growth of Energy Systems Engineering into a Department of Energy Science and Engineering (DESE).The new Department is expected to provide critical manpower and research inputs that are critical for the growth of India's energy sector and provide innovative energy technologies and systems to mitigate the global problem of climate change. The vision of the department is "To develop sustainable energy systems and solutions for the future"
- Nuclear Reactor Theory
- Advanced Transport Phenomena
- Advanced Reaction Engineering
- Advanced Thermodynamics
- Advanced Heat Transfer
- Advanced Thermodynamics & Combustion
- Thermal Environmental Engineering
- Computer Aided Power Systems Analysis
- Electric drives
- Non-conventional Energy Sources
- Foundation for Energy Engineering
- Energy Resources, Economics & Environment
- Energy Systems Modelling & Analysis
- Communication Skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 118 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- B.E./B.Tech./AMIE or equivalent in Automobile Engineering (AU) Aeronautical / Aerospace Engineering (AE) Chemical Engineering (CH) Civil Engineering (CE) Electrical Engineering (EE) Energy Systems Engineering (EN) Mechanical Engineering (ME) Metallurgical Engineering / Materials Science & Engineering (MT) Thermal Power Engineering (TP)
International5386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2693 USD per semester during 24 months.
National798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 399 USD per semester during 24 months.
29.600 Rs-national students
200.000 Rs-international students
Living costs for Mumbai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.