The Department of Corrosion Science and Materials Science at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
is devoted to the design, creation and fundamental understanding of materials by understanding relationships between processing, structure, properties and performance in engineering applications. The M.Tech. Program has been designed keeping in view the needs of the industry.
Strong inter-disciplinary research encompassing a broad range of materials with focus on 'Make in India' concept is at the core of the department. All kinds of materials include metals, nanomaterials, polymers, ceramics, opto-electronic materials, energy materials, biomaterials and composites, etc. The department also has strong base in material synthesis, processing, theory and computational material science.
- Aqueous Corrosion and its Control
- High Temperature Corrosion
- Structural Characterization of Materials
- Mechanical characterization of materials
- Electrical characterization of materials
- Materials Characterization at High Temperatures
- Characterization of Materials for Corrosion Control
- Electrochemical Materials Science
- Advances in Design and Corrosion Control for Industries
- Materials for Corrosion Prevention at High Temperatures
- Corrosion Management and Modeling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Chemistry View 45 other Masters in Chemistry in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- B.E./B.Tech./AMIE/AMIIM or equivalent in Aeronautical / Aerospace Engineering (AE) Chemical Engineering (CH) Civil Engineering (CE) Electrical Engineering (EE) Electrochemical Engineering (EH) Mechanical Engineering (ME) Metallurgical Engineering / Materials Science & Engineering (MT)
International5386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2693 USD per semester during 24 months.
National798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 399 USD per semester during 24 months.
29.600 Rs-national students
200.000 Rs-international students
Living costs for Mumbai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.