The Department of Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science is devoted to the design, creation and fundamental understanding of materials by understanding relationships between processing, structure, properties and performance in engineering applications.
The Steel Technology Program at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay has been designed keeping in view the needs of the industry. Strong inter-disciplinary research encompassing a broad range of materials with focus on 'Make in India' concept is at the core of the department. All kinds of materials include metals, nanomaterials, polymers, ceramics, opto-electronic materials, energy materials, biomaterials and composites, etc. The department also has strong base in material synthesis, processing, theory and computational material science.
- Thermodynamics of Materials
- Structural Characterization of Materials
- Mechanical characterization of materials
- Electrical characterization of materials
- Materials Characterization at High Temperatures
- Characterization of Materials in Corrosion Control
- Transport Phenomena
- Advanced Concepts in Iron Making
- Advanced Concepts in Steel Making
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 118 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- B.E./B.Tech./AMIE or equivalent in Chemical Engineering (CH) Mechanical Engineering (ME) Metallurgical Engineering / Materials Science & Engineering (MT)
International5386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2693 USD per semester during 24 months.
National798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 399 USD per semester during 24 months.
29.600 Rs-national students
200.000 Rs-international students
Living costs for Mumbai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.