On this Graphic Design course at University of Portsmouth , you'll explore different design methodologies – such as typography and publication design – and apply them to ‘real-world’ situations. You'll channel your design skills while creating professional links in various creative industries and communities.
We'll provide the expertise and support you need to develop your practice, and help you sharpen the skills that will grow your career in graphic design and other creative industries. And because you'll test and apply your work in the real world, you'll also open up possibilities for future employment and entrepreneurship when you graduate.
What you'll experience
On this course, you'll:
- Produce stimulating graphic design, with the latest software and equipment used by professionals in the industry
- Improve your understanding of graphic design through in-depth research
- Develop a strong critical discourse with peers and academic staff in relation to your work
- Use our specialist workshops, which include facilities for screen printing, letterpress, laser cutting, dye sublimation printing and digital fabric printing
- Get to grips with the latest professional software in our digital studios
- Spend time working in the dynamic and creative environment of our design studios
- Hear from inspirational guest speakers from the world of design
- Plan and produce a personal project to showcase your skills
Careers and opportunities
When you graduate, you'll have the necessary skills for a successful career in the graphic design profession. You might choose to set up your own design studio, step into a more senior role in a graphic design agency or go on to further study.
Career opportunities include:
- Graphic design
- Typographic design
- Type design
- Website design
- New media design
- Magazine design publishing
- Work in the television and film industries
- Art direction
- Design management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A Question of Research
- Contextual Report
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesGraphic Design User Experience Design View 30 other Masters in User Experience Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of a second-class honours degree in graphic design or a related subject, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
- An interview or online portfolio submission will be required as part of the selection process.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14300 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7800 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
UK/EU/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students
- Year 1 (60 credits): £2,600
- Year 2 (120 credits): £5,200
- Year 1 (60 credits): £4,770
- Year 2 (120 credits): £9,530
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.