The Power Electronics and Power Systems (Electrical Engineering) department at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay has a very vibrant postgraduate program with a strong focus on research and development. The number of postgraduate students is more than the number of undergraduate students in EE and the department attaches lot of importance to its Master's students as they constitute the backbone of research and development.
MTech program comprises of core courses, specialization related electives, institute electives and supervised research exposition. MTech thesis enables graduate students to display their skills in performing independent research. It is expected that MTech thesis would result in high quality research publications or patent or prototype technology development.
- Power Electronics
- Computer Aided Power System Analysis
- Power Systems ad Power Electronics Laboratory
- Digital Signal Processing & its Application
- Applied Linear Algebra
- Power Systems Dynamics and Control
- A First Course in Optimization
- Microprocessor Applications in Power Electronics
- Switchgear Principles
- Large Sparse Matrix Computations
- Computational Electromagnetics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 36 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- nternational students interested in pursuing their undergraduate studies at IIT Bombay i.e. B.Tech., Dual Degree & 5-year Integrated M.Sc. programs, have to appear for the Joint Entrance Examination conducted by the IITs.
International5386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2693 USD per semester during 24 months.
National798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 399 USD per semester during 24 months.
29.600 Rs-national students
200.000 Rs-international students
Living costs for Mumbai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.