Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay was established and the Civil Engineering Department is part of the institute since its inception. The Structural Engineering (Civil Engineering) Department has grown tremendously over the years and is now recognized as one of the major engineering departments in the country. The department has developed strong links with the building and construction industry and academic and research , both with in and outside the country.
Besides high quality teaching and instruction at both UG and PG levels, the Department is actively involved in basic and applied research and consultancy and provides high quality technical advisory support through various R D projects and consultancy to various organizations. The Department of Civil Engineering with its multifaceted faculty continues to maintain and cultivate its strong links with the infrastructural industry and academic and research institutions both within and outside the country.
- Construction Management
- Design of Offshore Structures
- Numerical Methods
- Applied Statistics
- Earthquake Engg.
- Advanced Structural Mechanics
- Structural Optimisation
- Plates and Shells
- Structural Stability
- Finite Element Method
- Plastic Analysis
- Nonlinear Analysis
- Analysis of Offshore Structures
- Elastic Waves in Solids
- Soil Structure Interaction
- Green Building Design
- Foundation Engineering
- Soil Dynamics and Machine Foundations
- Bridge Engineering
- Structural Reliability and Risk Analysis
- Advanced Mechanics of Reinforced Concrete
- Advanced Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
- Advanced Concrete Technology
- Construction Contracts
- Non-destructive Testing of Materials
- Construction Materials
- Condition Assessment and Rehabilitation of Structures
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Materials Science & Engineering Geology View 28 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Copy of the grade transcripts with the explanation of the assigned grades. (Certified English translation is required, if the document is in other language).
- Statement of purpose.
- Bio-Data / Curriculum vitae / Resume
- Personal particulars of Foreign Scholars coming to India (Click Here )
- Copy of the passport (page showing your nationality and personal details).
- Three recommendation letters – at least one recommendation should be about the student’s academic performance issued by a faculty member.
- Documentary proof to illustrate fluency in English language.
International5386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2693 USD per semester during 24 months.
National798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 399 USD per semester during 24 months.
29.600 Rs-national students
200.000 Rs-international students
Living costs for Mumbai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.