The program create graduates with good analytical abilities, skilled with specific techniques, creative in their solutions, sensitive in their approach and knowledgeable about current developments in using new emerging technologies and exploring new medias.
The program will focus on interactive medias, mobile communication applications, interfaces for software applications, interactive gaming and learning applications. The program will have a specific focus on the needs of Indian users and the Indian industry.
The students will have access to cutting edge IT capabilities, prototying technologies and the proximity to other engineering disciplines which would facilitate cross disciplinary and collaborative projects.
The course contents of the proposed program have been designed to leverage the strength of IDC's current courses, complimented with additional courses to meet the new requirements.
- Introduction to Photography
- Introduction to Typography
- Colour, composition and layout
- Interface Design
- User Studies
- Visual Language syntactics
- Usability evaluation
- Interaction, media, senses
- Indian thought and tradition
- Advanced Typography
- Graphic Narratives
- Handmade books and Book Structures
- Information Graphics
- Craft creativity and Post modernism
- Instructional Design
- Rural Study - Problem Identifying
- Design Detailing
- Introduction to World Cinema: Filmmaker Perspectives
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
Admission portal for international students opens from March 6th to March 22nd.
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Graphic Design View 6 other Masters in Industrial Design in India
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design/Engineering/Architecture/ Interior Design: 10+2+4 years (minimum four year Bachelor’s course). Note: B.Plan. considered equivalent to B.Arch. Four year B.Sc (Engg) course after HSC considered equivalent to BE/B.Tech.
- Professional Diploma in Design: 10+2+4 years (minimum four year diploma program).
- BFA (4 year professional program with entry after 10+2)
- Master’s Degree in Arts, Science (3+2 year program with entry after 10+2).
- Master’s Degree in Computer Application (3 year or 2 year in case of lateral entry to second year after BCA program with entry after 10+2+3 years for graduation).
- GD Art (4 year program after 1 year foundation. Minimum entry requirement 10th pass)
International640 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 320 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National640 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 320 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- 25000 Rs. (320 EUR) NonConcessional Fees
- 5000 Rs. (64 EUR) Concessional Fees
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.