The Bioeconomy - Biotechnology and Law programme of the International Hellenic University is interdisciplinary combining knowledge from heterogeneous scientific fields, such as biology, economy, law and marketing.
The Programme aims are:
- The provision of knowledge and skills based on the most modern and innovative developments in Biotechnology, directly linked to the field of Bioeconomy
- The understanding and implementation of the basic regulatory rules and laws governing the production and promotion of biotechnological products, as well as the provision of services directly related to biotechnological applications in the fields of Biomedicine, Genetics and Pharmacy
- The understanding and implementation of key regulatory rules and legislation related to biosafety issues for humans and the environment
- The provision of the basic technical and economic knowledge necessary to manage and promote biotechnological products and services
- The provision of interdisciplinary education in the field of Bioeconomy, which at the same time allows the development of all the skills required in the modern labor market at the international level
Ideal Career path
The graduates of the programme will be equipped with specialist expertise and high-level cognitive skills to become autonomous/self-directed professionals or find employment in consulting, policy and management roles in the sectors of biotechnological product development, regulation, management and marketing. Career opportunities may be found in:
- Biotechonological product enterprises of various sizes
- Cooperatives and industries of the biotechnology sector
- NGOs involved in bioethics and biosafety policy, rural development and environmental protection
- Government and local/rural agencies
- Research institutes
- National and international organizations active in bioproduct regulation and marketing
- Consulting agencies and environmental law firms
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biology and Environment: Basic concepts
- Biomedical Technology / Red Biotechnology
- Agro/industrial, Marine and Environmental Biotechnology
- Biolaw and Bioethics
- Management and Marketing Strategies
- Biomedicine Law
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A good university degree (original transcripts)
- Proof of English competence
- Two academic references
- A personal interview may be required
- Two recent passport-size photographs
- A copy of your CV
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.