The European Urban Studies programme offered by Bauhaus University Weimar pays special attention to questions of social cohesion, urban housing, cultural diversity, sustainable planning and mobility. The programme works with an understanding of urban planning that combines competences from the disciplines of urban planning, urban sociology, urban design, landscape and spatial planning. It provides a transdisciplinary and comprehensive approach for studying the development of European cities.
The Master Programme "European Urban Studies" is aiming at the education of researchers in the field of urban studies. It will provide knowledge and academic skills to analyse, research and plan for students who want to start a professional career in urban planning, research and academic institutions and the wider field of civil society. The teaching programme intends to prepare for self-organized research projects and thereby for further studies (PhD), also.
Academic education in the field of urban studies focused on
- Research on urban problems in contemporary cities in Europe
- Advanced knowledge in urban planning, urban sociology, urban design, landscape planning, spatial planning
- Research strategies and methods
- Intellectual framing on the international discourses in urban studies
- Personal academic development (also as a preparation for a PhD)
- Development of a European perspective on urban issues
- Transdisciplinary understanding of urban studies
- Urban Planning
- Urban Studies and Social Research
- Urban Design
- Urban Architecture
- Landscape Architecture and Planning
- Spatial Planning and Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies European Studies Urban Planning View 17 other Masters in Urban Planning in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Motivation letter
- Certificate of qualification for university entrance
- University degree or similar qualification including all relevant study results
- Proof of English language proficiency according to B2 (minimum) of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
- Your CV
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
There are no tuition fees but a semester contribution of approx. 160 EUR per semester.
Living costs for Weimar
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.