The Master of Business Administration at Swinburne University of Technology focuses on leadership and change, innovation and entrepreneurship, finance, ethical practices and social responsibility. It equips students with the capacity to start new ventures or initiate organisational improvements successfully by building on authentic learning experiences and solutions-driven business scenarios. It provides an excellent opportunity for students to gain holistic management and business knowledge which prepares them for general management roles. The course design also allows the choice of electives to complete a related business specialisation such as supply chain management, project management and human resource management. Through the partnership with the Institute of Managers and Leaders, opportunities exist to participate in industry workshops, business case studies, mentoring, and personalised professional development.
Students’ career opportunities are enhanced by improving their leadership and management capabilities, and learning to operate effectively in a changing, complex and turbulent environment.
Aims and objectives
At completion of the Master of Business Administration, graduates will be able to:
- apply coherent and advanced knowledge of business concepts in diverse contexts and applications using critical thinking
- Apply problem solving, design and decision making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex problems with intellectual independence
- Communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences, function as an effective member or leader of a team, and use advanced tools and practices of business within project work
- Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, ethical conduct, professional accountability and a deep awareness of professional practices in a global and sustainable context
- Apply business fundamentals to the analysis, design and operation of a business model using appropriate business methods and tools, applied in a variety of contexts
- Reflect on, and take responsibility for, learning and self-management processes
- Apply knowledge of research principles and methods to plan and execute a piece of research with some independence
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accounting Systems and Reporting
- Opportunity Discovery
- Corporate Financial Management
- Behaviour in Organisations
- Business Strategy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 330 other Masters in Business Administration in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Swinburne University of Technology and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS 102648MApplicants are required to have completed one of the following:
- a bachelor degree (or higher award) in any discipline from a recognised higher education institution or equivalent or
- the Postgraduate Qualifying Program (available to International applicants only)
Applicants who have additional qualifications are eligible to enter the program with Advanced Standing and may be able to complete the program in less than two years.
Satisfactory completion of one of the following:
- IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 70%, all skills 65%
- Or equivalent measures available at English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International40200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40200 AUD per year during 24 months.
National30600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30600 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.