The Metallic Materials Technology programme of TU Bergakademie Freiberg is Starting with the production of materials followed by processing and metal forming it is one of the most innovative technologies. Engineers in metal production, metal forming and foundry technology contribute in this technological development.
Based on the Bachelor's course of studies steel production, metal forming and foundry technology is continued to a deeper knowledge in this master course. Furthermore practical skills are related to economics knowledge.
Graduates of the Master programme can work in the following areas: Iron- and steelmaking industry, foundry industry, metal forming industry, engineering industry, refractory industry, metal processing industry, process development, technical sales and distribution as well as in research institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Materials Science
- Fundamentals of Plastic Deformation
- Melting Technology in Foundries
- Experimental Methods of Materials Characterization and Testing
- Metallic Materials
- Technology of Iron and Steel
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 14 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree (at least 7 semesters) or an equivalent degree in the field of Material Science and or Materials Technology
- English language proficiency
- Application form
- Certified copy of higher education certificate (e.g. Bachelor certificate), if necessary along with an officially attested translations into German or English
- Motivation letter, length 1 page
- Up-to-date passport photo
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 18 months.
- There are no tuition fees
Living costs for Freiberg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.