The Mechanical and Process Engineering programme of TU Bergakademie Freiberg combines knowledge from both mechanical and process specifics – machinery and plants with methods of process engineering.
Nowadays most of the technical solutions are based on scientific analysis of complex problems and the development of technical innovations.
After completing the program students will be capable to identify relevant information and problems. Finally students will be able to make conclusions with regard to further research and development as well as identify expertise from other related disciplines. Furthermore, students will acquire skills, necessary to be part of interdisciplinary groups.
In the first semester trainings in Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer, Fluid Dynamics, Particle Technology, Process Equipment, Endurance and Design are compulsory in order to bring all students to the same academic background.
The second semester provides the theoretical framework. In order to develop self-reliant scientific working techniques students are required to work on projects in small teams. Interacting with university scientists and engineers can earn additional knowledge and experience.
Familiarization with modern design methods and at least one numerical tool is the content of the third semester.
The graduates will be well prepared to pursue their successful careers in academia or research centers. In addition, they will fulfill the requirements to work in many industrial areas such as automotive, metallurgy, materials manufacturing and processing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer
- Training in Fluid Dynamics
- Training in Particle Technology
- Training in Endurance and Design
- Conception of Process Equipment
- Management Skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 23 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At least six semesters of first university degree qualifying for a profession in mechanical engineering, process engineering or comparable fields
- English language proficiency must be proven by a recognised language certificate
- Online registration prior to the actual application
- A certificate of the present university degree including a transcript of records in officially certified copy
- Letter of motivation of maximum one page, setting out the reasons for applying for the Master programme Mechanical and Process Engineering
- Where applicable, supporting documents relating to specific professional training or experience, work placements or similar activities relevant to the course of studies
- Passport photo
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- There are no tuition fees
Living costs for Freiberg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.