Develop critical thinking, leadership and communication skills and apply them all to a future in forensics. Prepare yourself for a position in an exciting field, where you can contribute to, and improve the legal system through an enhanced understanding of: Forensic Science applications at Trent University, scientific data interpretation, and the communication of science in a legal context.
The program builds on Trent’s leadership in many areas of forensic science such as law, bloodstain pattern analysis and DNA techniques and applications, and on its B.Sc.F.S. offering.
Through lectures, labs and a four-month placement program, you can be ready to apply your skill sets to the workforce in one year.
There is no longer a need to leave the country to study forensic science at the graduate level. As one of this groundbreaking program’s first graduates, you will be part of a new generation of experts that has learned by doing, and yet well-steeped in the scientific method and in research.
- Learn from leading faculty members and researchers who have made great contributions to their fields.
- Study with students drawn to the program from across Canada and around the world.
- Experience other communities, institutions and organizations as part of the unique research placement program.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Communication Science and Forensic Reporting
- Advanced Forensic DNA Typing
- Research Design and Statistics in Forensic Science
- Advanced Topics in Forensic Science
- Advanced Forensic Toxicology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesForensic Science Forensic Accounting
- B.Sc. honours (a four year undergraduate bachelors) degree
- Minimum B+ (77%) or equivalent in the work of the last four semesters or the last two undergraduate years (last ten full credits)
- Experience in Forensic Science or Undergraduate courses relating to Forensic Science, or willing to take such courses, usually before official admission
- A statement detailing the applicant’s interest and experience in forensic science is required. The purpose of this statement of interest is to compile additional information for selection among highly qualified applicants and to allow applicants with practical experience, but without the minimum average, to provide support for their entry into the program.
International26710 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26710 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National13889 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13889 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.