The University of Pavia and the School of Advanced Studies IUSS Pavia present a new international Master of Science programme in Civil Engineering for Mitigation of Risk from Natural Hazards .
The Master of Science in Civil Engineering for Mitigation of Risk programme from University of Pavia is structured in two curricula:
- Reduction of Seismic Risk (ROSE)
- Hydrogeological Risk Assessment and Mitigation (HYRIS)
Courses are taught in English by highly qualified professors with an internationally recognized scientific activity.
This Master Course is designed to shape civil engineers with outstanding scientific and professional skills that are fully aware of the multi-faceted aspects of the seismic and hydrogeological risk. Graduates may find employment in engineering design and consulting offices, construction companies,agencies of civil protection, governmental institutions, regional authorities, management offices, international organizations, insurance and re-insurance companies, research institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dynamics of Structures
- Reinforced Concrete Structures
- Applied Mathematics
- Computational Mechanics
- Probability and Statistics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction Actuarial Science View 6 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The minimum requirement to access the MSc programme is a 3-year undergraduate degree, a 3-year diploma or a foreign qualification degree that is recognized as eligible according to current regulations.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Tuition fee for non-EU students who enter Italy with a study visa is based on flat rate and depends on the citizenship.
- If non-EU students come from a family with limited financial resource, they can choose to have their tuition fee calculated according to their family income (from €156,00 to €3.985,00 per year).
Living costs for Pavia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.