In this connection, it covers an area ranging from geoscience to engineering and social sciences culminating in the environmental sciences, land management and spatial planning. We are involved in the planning of sustainable land use systems and the recording and visualisation of the constantly changing built and as yet unbuilt environment.
Geodesy and Geoinformatics stands for a modern form of surveying, which also covers the areas of photogrammetry, metrology, navigation, geographical information systems as well as geographical visualisation. The diverse tasks are accomplished using highly developed technological measurement systems and methods. The geomatics degree course at the HafenCity University Hamburg (HCU) offers, for this purpose, a sound qualification in information technology as well as natural and engineering sciences, while simultaneously encouraging a more transdisciplinary way of thinking as well as the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team in order to be able to respond to planning, land policy and current environmentally relevant questions in co-operation with other disciplines.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Geographical Visualisation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 16 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- If you are in the final phase of your first academic degree, you have to submit the most recent copy of your transcript of records, including your grade-point average within the application periode
- Signed copy of your online application
- A simple copy of your first academic degree with an average-grade (If you are still completing your first degree and you are unable to submit a certificate or diploma, please submit a simple copy of your transcript of records with a current avarage grade (130 Credit Points and at least 75 Credit points have to be graded)
- Proof of English language skills (only if you choose the specialisation Hydrography)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- Each semester, HCU Students have to pay an enrolment fee. As of wintersemester, this fee will be approximatley 320 Euro per semester.
Living costs for Hamburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.