Challenges like climate change, food security and the provision of water require in depth knowledge of these processes. You will learn about the interactions between the different spheres. But you will also specialise in either Hydrology and Water Resources; Meteorology and Air Quality; Biology and Chemistry of Soil and Water or Soil Geography and Earth Surface Dynamics.
What makes the Earth and Environment programme from Wageningen University and Research unique?
- Possibilities to broaden and deepen your knowledge
- Internationally oriented programme
- An in-depth understanding of natural processes that is needed for innovative solutions that deal with issues like climate change, water resources, loss of biodiversity and soil degradation.
After graduation, students from Earth and Environment enter a diverse job market that offers lots of opportunities to further develop yourself. Most students will stay in research or will become a consultant at (multinational) consultancy firms dealing with environmental issues.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Hydrology and Water Resources
- Meteorology and Air Quality
- Biology and Chemistry of Soil and Water
- Soil Geography and Earth Surface Dynamics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Application via Studielink will open in October
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Environmental Sciences View 50 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a field of science relevant to the programme selected;
- a sufficient Grade Point Average for the bachelor’s;
- fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- Students with a bachelor’s degree in Soil, Water, Atmosphere at Wageningen University are unconditionally admitted to the master Earth and Environment, because all the required knowledge is part of this bachelor programme.
- Students with a university bachelor's degree in Earth Sciences, Geosciences or Physical Geography have appropriate skills and knowledge for admission to this programme, provided that also general requirements are met. They usually meet the specific requirements on domain knowledge, sciences, mathematics and statistics and information technology.
- Students with a university bachelor's degree in Environmental Sciences, Land and Water Management, Biology (Ecology), Chemistry, Physics, Civil Engineering or similar
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17616 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17616 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Wageningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.