By studying and comparing the constitutional legal frameworks and human rights of different national, regional, and international legal orders, the programme will prepare students for analysing and solving constitutional and human rights issues in many jurisdictions.
The Constitutional Law and Human Rights programme at the Umea University addresses key concepts and theories of European and international constitutional law and human rights involving in-depth studies of rule of law, constitutionalism and fundamental principles; human rights law; and finally balance of power and constitutional enforcement. The programme is taught in English.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Rule of law, constitutionalism and fundamental principles
- Human rights law
- Balance of power and constitutional enforcement
- Independent written essay within the field of constitutional law and human rights
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesCivil & Private Law Public Law
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Laws or a Bachelor´s Degree (equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, 180 ECTS) whereof at least 120 ECTS in Law.
- Proficiency in English equivalent to Swedish upper secondary course English A/5.
International4534 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4534 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 12 months.
- Application fee SEK900
- Tuition fee, first instalment SEK46,500
- Total fee SEK93,000
Living costs for Umeå
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.