With Athabasca University’s Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies - Equity Studies, you will learn to think holistically, critically and reflectively. You will find the connections and points of overlap between specialized and generalized knowledge. You will also learn problem-solving skills and policy-making strategies.
Equity Studies is a disciplinary, interdisciplinary, and multi-disciplinary approach to social justice and inequality. Ranging across the local, regional, national, and global, Equity Studies explores inequalities between and among humans that are based on socially produced categories of geography, religion, race, gender, disability, age, class, and sexuality. It also includes issues related to inter-species equality, environmental justice, and intergenerational equality.
Your program will finish with a final integrated project or capstone paper that will exercise and explore your newly acquired skills and knowledge.
You can choose to complete this project in a grouped study capstone course, or through an individual study project that will allow you to:
- explore a question or issue that’s important to you
- relate your research to a work or life situation
- address a community problem
- Global Education
- Foundations of Education in Canada
- Transformative Learning for Social Change
- Global Governance and Law
- Industrial Heritage
- Creative Writing
- 24 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation General Studies & Classics Teaching View 22 other Masters in Teaching in Canada
- To apply for an Athabasca University graduate program you must have an undergraduate degree. Doctorate programs require a master’s degree to qualify for admission.
- Requirements for graduate programs vary and are listed on each program’s website.
- You can take some graduate courses without being admitted to the full program if you meet the non-program student requirements for said program. Requirements for graduate programs are listed on each program’s website.
International2100 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2100 CAD per module during 24 months.
National1868 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1868 CAD per module during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.