Cultural and Creative Industries at King's College London is a unique interdisciplinary course that draws on cultural theories, cultural history, digital culture, management, screen studies, geography, cultural policy, gender and fashion. This exciting and contemporary course also makes use of our links with and proximity to Tate Modern, to offer bespoke optional modules that take students ‘behind the scenes’ of a leading art museum to explore different aspects of Tate’s activities.
If you are seeking a career in the arts or creative industries, or if you are a professional looking to enhance your existing knowledge and career prospects, then this course is ideally suited for you. You can also use the training and skills we will give you to prepare for doctoral research in culture, media and creative industries.
However, you should bear in mind that this is not a traditional media, communications or journalism studies course. If you want to follow a career in these areas, this course will only be relevant in so far as your interests relate specifically to the cultural and creative industries, such as performing and visual arts, cultural heritage, film, games and music.
- Located at the heart of London’s arts and media industries.
- Online guest lectures from industry professionals and researchers provide up-to-date knowledge of current debates and trends.
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- Analysing the Cultural and Creative Industries
- Research Approaches
- Cultural Management in Small Arts & Cultural Organisations
- Collecting Cultures
- Fashion, Culture & Society
- Festivals: Arts, Public Spaces & Communities
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Students currently residing in mainland China: January 7
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Graphic Design Management of Creative Industries View 622 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at King's College London and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor’s degree with high 2:1 honours (i.e. overall average of at least 65% across all years of study) in any discipline. For those returning to study, evidence of appropriate experience will be required.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- One academic reference is required. A professional reference will be accepted if you have completed your qualifications over five years ago. In some cases, we may request an additional reference from you.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International25950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11040 GBP per year during 12 months.
- National: £5,520 per year
- International: £12,975 per year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.