Cultural and Creative Industries at King's College London is a unique interdisciplinary course that draws on cultural theories, cultural history, digital culture, management, screen studies, geography, cultural policy, gender and fashion. This exciting and contemporary course also makes use of our links with and proximity to Tate Modern, Southbank Centre and the British Film Institute.
Using a range of analytical tools from sociology, history and cultural studies, the course draws on teaching, research and professional expertise from both King’s academics and professionals working in the field. Ideally suited for students looking for a career in the arts or creative industries.
- Located at the heart of London’s arts and media industries.
- Guest lectures from industry professionals and researchers provide up-to-date knowledge of current debates and trends.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- Contested Culture: Formations
- Analysing the Cultural and Creative Industries
- Research Approaches
- Arts-based research Project
- Aesthetic Economy and Aesthetic Markets
- Art and Globalisation
- Creatives: Working in the Cultural Industries
- Cultural and Creative Industries in China
- Cultural Management in Small Arts and Cultural Organizations
- Cultural Markets
- Cultural Memory
- Cultural Policy
- Culture and the City
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Graphic Design View 470 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
- Bachelor’s degree with 2:1 honours (or overseas equivalent) in any discipline. For those returning to study, evidence of appropriate experience will be required.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- Two references are required with at least one academic.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International24500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home/EU fees: £4,995 per year
- Overseas fees: £12,250 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.