Our research laboratories house state of the art research instrumentation and facilities and are managed by highly trained technical staff, all essential for maintaining a high standard in biochemical research. Our postgraduate students gain valuable laboratory experience in basic and the latest research techniques enabling them to combine both knowledge and experience successfully.
What we offer
The Department, which offers the Biochemistry programme at the Stellenbosch University is also host to a Research Chair in Mechanistic Modelling of Health and Epidemiology as part of the South African Research Chair Initiative (SARChI).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Thesis Biochemistry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 5 other Masters in Biochemistry in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your contract
- Student support form (Students with special needs)
- Qualification documents - Please ensure that you upload qualification documents for each tertiary qualification obtained and that the documents is official and certified. This implies that your original qualification documents (academic transcript and accompanying degree certificate) which you recieved upon graduation must be stamped and signed by the awarding institution. Qualifications shorter than 12 months in duration will not be considered
- Proof of English Language proficiency
- An applicable BScHons degree or other qualification approved by the Senate
- Lecturers may require supplementary studies from you
International3530 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3530 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
National2258 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2258 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- SADC and Africa: R45,000
- International: R70,350
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.