The Faculty, which offers the Military History (Option B) programme at the Stellenbosch University works closely with the South African National Defence Force (SANDF) to meet what the latter spells out as its needs in terms of higher education.
What we offer
The Faculty is made up of five academic schools. In two of these schools, the focus of programmes is technology-related; in two others, the focus is management-oriented. In the fifth school the focus is on security and on Africa-related studies. Our modular programmes are offered by means of three to six blocks of lectures lasting 10 working days each.
Option B: The completion of a structured self-study programme rounded off by a thesis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Military History
- South African Military History
- General Military History of Africa
- War and Society
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMilitary Science History View 29 other Masters in History in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your contract
- Student support form (Students with special needs)
- Qualification documents - Please ensure that you upload qualification documents for each tertiary qualification obtained and that the documents is official and certified. This implies that your original qualification documents (academic transcript and accompanying degree certificate) which you recieved upon graduation must be stamped and signed by the awarding institution. Qualifications shorter than 12 months in duration will not be considered
- Proof of English Language proficiency
- A BMilHons degree in Military History with a minimum final mark of 60% in each module or another applicable honours degree in which the candidate has duly performed
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.