By taking the Transport Infrastructure - Design and Construction degree from University of Leeds programme you will develop a sophisticated understanding of techniques at the forefront of design, construction, and maintenance of infrastructure and acquire specialist knowledge on the latest technological developments such as accelerated bridge construction, advanced materials like ultra-high performance concrete, and the possibilities of cutting-edge sensing techniques and robotics for the monitoring and repair of infrastructure.
With an emphasis on the construction and maintenance stages and the ‘how-is-it-made’ approach, different construction processes and techniques will be explored in detail, and used as a platform to investigate how they affect (and are affected by) the design process, the selection of alternatives and the implications for the entire service life.
We encourage you to prepare for your career from day one. That’s one of the reasons Leeds graduates are so sought after by employers.
You’ll have access to the wide range of careers resources and support from your Careers Service. You’ll have the chance to attend industry presentations, book appointments with qualified careers consultants and take part in employability workshops and webinars.
Our annual STEM Careers Fairs provide further opportunities to explore your career options with some of the UKs leading employers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Deterioration and Maintenance of Concrete Structures
- Bridge Engineering
- Construction Technology
- Design and Construction of Highways and Tunnels
- Monitoring and Maintenance of Infrastructure
- Railway Track Design and Maintenance
- Transport Infrastructure Dissertation
- Deterioration and Maintenance of Pavements
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Design General Engineering & Technology View 765 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in civil engineering or a related engineering, science or mathematical discipline where relevant subject areas have been studied. Applications from professionally qualified and experienced candidates will also be considered.
- A bachelor degree with a 2:2 will be considered for candidates with at least one year’s relevant experience.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.