You study develop knowledge and key skills in CAD/CAM and Product Development, Finite Element Methods and Machine Design and options available include Automotive Engineering and Vehicle Design, Manufacturing Systems, Supply Chain Management and Applied Continuum Mechanics.
The one-year programme is a great option if you want to gain a traditional MSc qualification. The two-year master’s degree with advanced practice enhances your qualification by adding a vocational or research based internship to the one-year master’s programme.
A vocational internship is a great way to gain work experience and give your CV a competitive edge.
A research internship provides you with the opportunity to develop your analytical, team-working, research and academic skills by working alongside a research team in an academic setting. We guarantee a research internship, but cannot guarantee a vocational internship. We will, however, provide you with practical support and advice on how to find and secure your own vocational internship position should you prefer this type of internship.
The Mechanical Engineering (with Advanced Practice) programme is offered at Teesside University.
Mechanical engineers typically work in structural engineering, research and development, automotive engineering and design, the aerospace industry, manufacturing, processing and chemical industries as well as management positions.
- Advanced Practice
- CAD/CAM and Product Developments
- Engineering Research Project
- Finite Element Methods
- Machine Design
- Supply Chain Management
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 767 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- You will need a first degree equivalent to at least a UK second class (2.2) honours degree. Acceptable engineering degree subjects include mechanical, aerospace, aeronautical, manufacturing, production and mechanical systems.
- Students with a degree awarded outside the UK must also meet the University's minimum English language requirements.
- Non-EU international students who need a student visa to study in the UK should check our web pages on UKVI-compliant English language requirements. The University also provides pre-sessional English language courses if you do not meet the minimum English language requirement.
International8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 20 months.
National4335 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4335 GBP per year during 20 months.
Living costs for Middlesbrough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.