The UK, EU and US Copyright Law programme at King's College London aims to provide you with an in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the general principles of copyright law, mainly focusing on the law in the United Kingdom, the principles of United States copyright law and the major ‘copyright’ Directives of the European Union.
Benefit from a highly relevant programme that will:
- Introduce the main international copyright conventions in the field
- Deal with rights in literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works, films, sound recordings, broadcasts, cable programmes, computer programs and databases, performers’ rights and publishers’ rights
- Cover both theoretical aspects and questions which arise in practice, in particular concerning infringement and available remedies
- Include a unit devoted to the French and German laws on author’s rights and related rights
- Examine thoroughly United States Copyright Law
- Conclude with the main challenges in the field of copyright
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The distance learning Postgraduate Diploma in UK, EU & US Copyright Law consists of three modules containing thirteen units. It will commence on 29th September 2021 and will extend over eight months leading to an examination in May 2022.
- The first unit will be sent out on 29th September 2021 and subsequent units will then be issued every two weeks (with the exception of Units 2, 3 and 4) until April 2022 with a four-week break over Christmas. Questions will be set at the end of each unit and model answers to these will be sent with the unit that follows. In addition three compulsory assignments will be set during the programme which will count towards the final mark.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEuropean Law Patent & Intellectual Property Law International Law View 12 other Masters in Patent & Intellectual Property Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Applicants should hold a degree in law of a good 2nd class standard or the equivalent or a degree in a related discipline or be qualified as a barrister or a solicitor.
- Applications may also be accepted from a candidate who has achieved a comparative academic level through his or her studies and where previous study, work or experience has made the applicant a suitable candidate.
- It is not possible to study this programme whilst you are registered for a different programme at any other institution.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7000 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 8 months.
EU/EEA7000 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 8 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.