The UK, EU and US Copyright Law programme at King's College London aims to provide you with an in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the general principles of copyright law, mainly focusing on the law in the United Kingdom, the principles of United States copyright law and the major ‘copyright’ Directives of the European Union.
Benefit from a highly relevant programme that will:
- Introduce the main international copyright conventions in the field
- Deal with rights in literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works, films, sound recordings, broadcasts, cable programmes, computer programs and databases, performers’ rights and publishers’ rights
- Cover both theoretical aspects and questions which arise in practice, in particular concerning infringement and available remedies
- Include a unit devoted to the French and German laws on author’s rights and related rights
- Examine thoroughly United States Copyright Law
- Conclude with the main challenges in the field of copyright
More informationVisit official programme website
- The programme is spread over 8 months starting on 1st October 2020 and ending with an examination at King’s College London in May 2021. The units will take you systematically through the whole subject.
- There will be three optional weekend seminars held in London in December 2020, February 2021 and April 2020 which will provide an opportunity for revision of the programme, for discussion, preparation for the examination and for you to meet fellow students and your programme tutors.
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEuropean Law Patent & Intellectual Property Law International Law View 19 other Masters in European Law in United Kingdom
Applicants should hold a degree in law of a good 2nd class standard or the equivalent or a degree in a related discipline or be qualified as a barrister or a solicitor.
- Applications may also be accepted from a candidate who has achieved a comparative academic level through his or her studies and where previous study, work or experience has made the applicant a suitable candidate.
- It is not possible to study this programme whilst you are registered for a different programme at any other institution.
International6660 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6660 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 8 months.
EU/EEA6660 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6660 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 8 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.