Why to study
The research-based Pathology programme at the Stellenbosch University extends over at least two years of full-time study or three years of part-time study and comprises an approved research project, a thesis, an oral presentation and a student portfolio. The research project can be in Anatomical Pathology, Chemical Pathology, Haematological Pathology or Immunology.
The FMHS offers a number of excellent academic training programmes, underpinned by research of the highest quality and supported by well-integrated quality assurance and academic administration structures and processes. These programmes provide for the needs of a wide range of healthcare disciplines.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Thesis (Anatomical Pathology
- Thesis (Chemical Pathology)
- Thesis (Haematological Path)
- Thesis (Immunology)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 217 other Masters in Health Sciences in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your contract
- Student support form (Students with special needs)
- Qualification documents
- Proof of English Language proficiency
- A BScHons degree with Pathology, Morphological Sciences, Anatomy, Physiology, Histology, Chemistry, Biology, Genetics or Microbiology; or another qualification approved for such purposes by Senate. Students with other major subjects in the biological sciences at honours level may be admitted based on an adequate motivation and the successful completion of an admission examination or,
- Depending on the field of study, additional work and/or proof of competency may be required
A BTech degree on condition that students fulfil the requirements as defined by Stellenbosch University
International3530 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3530 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National2258 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2258 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- SADC and Africa: R45,000
- International: R70,350
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.