The Master of Teaching - Early Childhood program offered at Edith Cowan University is dedicated to producing quality graduates ready to take up employment across the early childhood education sector, including teaching children from birth to 8 years of age.
Dealing specifically with children from birth to 8 years of age, this course focuses on the care and education of children in this age group in partnership with families and communities.
This course is built on the principle that students come to the program with strengths from a diverse range of educational and life experiences.
Reflective thinking and research, with an emphasis on links from theory to practice is valued.
Students develop a deep understanding of the importance of building strong, positive relationships with children, families, communities and colleagues.
Students are taught how to develop, implement and assess socially inclusive curricula where children are valued, respected and productively engaged in learning.
This course accommodates "principles and dimensions" of excellence and is delivered through mutually beneficial partnerships between ECU, and the individual schools and early childhood settings.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Apply cognitive, technical and creative skills to investigate, evaluate and synthesise teaching theory and practice in authentic situations.
- Apply communication and collaboration skills to design innovative curriculum, learning and assessment activities in early childhood education.
- Reflect critically on a complex body of education knowledge, research principles and methods to demonstrate mastery of early childhood teaching.
- Use high level self management skills to initiate, plan and execute an extended practicum.
This course is committed to preparing early childhood teachers with essential knowledge, skills and experience across a range of early childhood settings, working with children from birth to 8 years of age.
Possible future job titles
Kindergarten Teacher, Pre-primary Teacher, Early Childhood Teacher, Pre-school Teacher, Junior Primary Teacher
Accredited by: Australian Children's Education & Care Quality Authority (ACECQA)
- Language and Literacy Birth to 5 Years
- Constructing Early Childhood Curriculum
- Investigating Young Children's Holistic Learning and Development
- Mathematics and Technologies for Young Children
- Science for Young Children
- Early Literacy 5-8 Years
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 26 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 098287C
- All applicants are required to provide a personal statement. In addition to satisfying academic entry criteria, applicants for pre-service teacher education courses at Edith Cowan University must also satisfy non-academic criteria. At Edith Cowan University, applicants' non-academic capabilities will be judged based on the submission of a 500 word personal statement. In this statement applicants will outline why they wish to become a teacher.
International32600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32600 AUD per year during 24 months.
National4000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.