The MA in European Studies and the Eastern Neighbourhood of the EU at the Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Ias aims at training highly educated specialists, able to work in the fields of foreign policy and international relations, management of EU funds, as well as in domestic policy-making.
- Analysing issues of international relations and European studies (IRES) in the context of the political, economic and social changes and challenges that take place globally and, in particular, at the European level;
- Developing a thorough understanding of the theoretical approaches in the IRES field, as well as the ability to use them in the study of the political, economic and legal system of the European Union
- Understanding the operating system of the European Union, as well as the EU’s decision-making process in relation to Central and Eastern Europe, the EU’s Eastern Neighbourhood and Russia.
- Cooperation and conflict in contemporary international relations
- Europe after the Cold War: geopolitics and geostrategy
- The foreign, security and defence policy of the European Union
- European policies and economic governance in the EU
- Democracy in Europe: ideas and institutions
- The European Union and its Eastern neighbourhood: strategies and policies
- Politics and society in Central and Eastern Europe
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- In order to enrol in the MA in European Studies and the Eastern Neighbourhood of the EU, the applicants must possess a legally recognized BA Degree or equivalent title in any academic field, obtained upon the completion of the undergraduate level of academic education (minimum 3 years of study).
- Since the entire activity relating to the programme takes place in English, potential candidates should have a good command of English (at least the European level B2)
International2070 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2070 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA910 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 910 EUR per year during 24 months.
- state-funded places (for EU citizens); or
- places with tuition fee (4500 Lei per year for EU citizens; 2070 Euro per year for non-EU citizens)
Living costs for Iasi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.