The Music Technology programme at the Stellenbosch University comprises advanced technological and research skills in music technology and multimedia. As a qualified individual you must be able to apply and develop technology in a meaningful and responsible way.
What we offer
The programme, a combination of taught modules and research, requires at least one year of full-time study. It focuses on the development of advanced practical and research skills in the technical sound domain, and on software in the broader music field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Thesis (Music Technology)
- Subject Related Studies (Music Technology)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMusic View 12 other Masters in Music in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your contract
- Student support form (Students with special needs)
- Qualification documents
- Proof of English Language proficiency
- The Postgraduate Diploma in Music Technology or any other qualification which is approved and considered appropriate by Senate
- Depending on your academic background and experience, supplementary work may be a prerequisite
- Acceptance of the research proposal is dependent on the successful completion of Research Methodology 414
- Although basic music knowledge is a prerequisite for admission, it may be possible to accommodate you if you do not comply with these prerequisites because of the modular structure of the presentation
International3530 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3530 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
National2258 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2258 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- SADC and Africa: R45,000
- International: R70,350
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.