A thesis in History at the Stellenbosch University which is based on original research on primary sources must be completed. The programme focuses on those aspects of the past listed in the areas of specialisation.
What we offer
The Master's programme, following on the Honours one, consists of research and the writing of a thesis. It takes at least two years to complete.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Thesis (History)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 39 other Masters in History in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your contract
- Student support form (Students with special needs)
- Qualification documents - Please ensure that you upload qualification documents for each tertiary qualification obtained and that the documents is official and certified. This implies that your original qualification documents (academic transcript and accompanying degree certificate) which you recieved upon graduation must be stamped and signed by the awarding institution. Qualifications shorter than 12 months in duration will not be considered
- Proof of English Language proficiency
- A BAHons in History
- A pass mark of 65% for the Honours degree
International1276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 EUR per year during 24 months.
National1276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 EUR per year during 24 months.
- R21 948
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.