The Ancient Cultures programme at the Stellenbosch University comprises the writing of a thesis that contains the results of research on an aspect of ancient cultures.
What we offer
Our programmes are taught in English and in Afrikaans and, with the exception of the programmes Honours in Ancient Cultures and Honours in Ancient Languages, can all be taken by non-residential students. All our programmes are suitable for international students.
Our master's programmes equip students with a theoretical framework and interpretative skills.
- Thesis (Ancient Cultures)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Ancient History View 11 other Masters in Ancient History in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your contract
- Student support form (Students with special needs)
- Qualification documents - Please ensure that you upload qualification documents for each tertiary qualification obtained and that the documents is official and certified. This implies that your original qualification documents (academic transcript and accompanying degree certificate) which you recieved upon graduation must be stamped and signed by the awarding institution. Qualifications shorter than 12 months in duration will not be considered
- Proof of English Language proficiency
- A postgraduate diploma or BAHons degree in Ancient Cultures or equivalent qualification approved by Senate
- An average final mark of 65%
International1276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 EUR per year during 12 months.
National1276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 EUR per year during 12 months.
- R21 948
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.