Research of the Animal Science programme at the Stellenbosch University is conducted on ruminant animals (i.e. dairy cattle, beef cattle sheep and goats) and monogastric animals (i.e. poultry, pigs, ostriches and aquatic animals) as well as certain wildlife species. Emphasis is placed on the improvement of the production efficiency of farm animals by utilising technologies from the above-mentioned focus areas, and by conducting research on aspects of the product quality of the respective animal products. Research is also being conducted into livestock and development in smallholder and communal farming areas.
What we offer
Students interested in a master's degree can register for the MSc (Agric) in Animal Science in one of the following specialist fields of study: animal nutrition, animal breeding, animal physiology or animal products sciences.
Prospective postgraduate students holding a relevant three-year BSc or B-degree can apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Aquaculture.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Animal Science
- Master's Thesis
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAgriculture Animal Sciences View 38 other Masters in Agriculture in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your contract
- Student support form (Students with special needs)
- Qualification documents - Please ensure that you upload qualification documents for each tertiary qualification obtained and that the documents is official and certified. This implies that your original qualification documents (academic transcript and accompanying degree certificate) which you recieved upon graduation must be stamped and signed by the awarding institution. Qualifications shorter than 12 months in duration will not be considered
- Proof of English Language proficiency
- The BScAgric degree with an average final mark of at least 60% for the third and fourth year modules.
- The Department can expect you to take an admissions examination
International1276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 EUR per year during 18 months.
National1276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 EUR per year during 18 months.
- R21 948
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.