Our Forensic Mental Health course at King's College London aims to equip you with the knowledge and advanced skills necessary for a career that will involve clinical and/or research work with mentally disordered offenders.
- Focus on the neuroscientific understanding of the development of prosocial and antisocial behaviours across the lifespan
- Critically examine forensic practice across the criminal justice system, including prisons, secure forensic hospital settings, and community services
- Develop the skills required to critically evaluate new research and to establish evidence-based clinical services
- Build an inter-disciplinary understanding of this complex field
- PhD programmes
- Forensic or clinical psychology training
- Research assistants or assistant psychologists
- Expert forensic clinicians
- Police graduate schemes
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Prosocial & Antisocial Behaviours Across the Lifespan
- Specialist Forensic Services: Assessment, Treatment & Development
- Forensic Mental Health Practice in the Criminal Justice System: Legal & Investigative Processes
- Research Methodology & Statistics A
- Dissertation Forensic Mental Health
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesForensic Science Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 1688 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- Applicants should have, or be predicted to achieve, a high 2:1 honours degree (minimum) or the equivalent, including an introduction to empirical research, in a relevant subject, e.g. psychology, neuroscience, criminology, psychiatry, mental health nursing or occupational therapy.
- Non-graduates (e.g. nurses with a Diploma) will be asked to provide evidence of their capacity to study at postgraduate level and will be expected to have considerable relevant work experience since qualifying.
- All teaching is conducted in English and it is therefore essential that students have a sufficient command of the language.
International31350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31350 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home/UK fees: £5,250 per year
- Overseas fees: £15,675 per year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.