As part of an international network of like-minded students in Graphic Design at Falmouth University , you’ll gain an in-depth and extensive understanding of the similarities and differences between how designers work in today’s world, both in an international and cultural context.
Supported by a teaching team of world-leading designers, you’ll be encouraged to debate and push creative boundaries to continuously develop innovative ideas for your graphic design work.
At the completion of your studies, you’ll be equipped with a critically-informed point-of-view and practice that will see you excel as a global graphic design professional.
What topics will you cover?
Some of the topics you’ll cover during your online MA Graphic Design studies are:
- Contemporary Practice – Examine local and global perspectives of graphic design and the skills required to address problems and deliver messages to both regional and global audience.
- History and Futures – Learn how graphic design interprets narrative to condense, reform or remodel stories for a new purpose.
- Studio and Entrepreneurship – Examine some of the building blocks of studio practice from a business perspective.
- Application and Interactions – Apply your own practice and knowledge to specific graphic design projects.
Studying flexibly with Falmouth University
The creative sector continues to grow globally. Whether you seek to enhance or begin your career in the creative sector, Falmouth University's flexible learning programmes equip you with the right skills and knowledge to do so, without interrupting your income and career progression.
- Learn flexibly from home, the workplace or on the move anywhere in the world through Falmouth Flexible intuitive online learning platform.
- Get student benefits, as a Falmouth Flexible student, you enjoy the same status as any on-campus students, from receiving a Student ID card and qualifying to apply for a NUS student discount card.
- Graduate with an award equal in title and quality as given to Falmouth university on campus students and have the opportunity to attend your graduation ceremony in the UK.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Practice
- History and Futures
- Studio and Entrepreneurship
- Application and Interactions
- Major Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApply anytime.
Welcome week 14 September
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Graphic Design View 16 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An honours degree at 2:2 level or equivalent in areas such as Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Illustration, Photography, Fashion, Textiles, Animation, Film or Fine Art. We also accept applicants with no undergraduate degree but a clear demonstration of subject related skills and knowledge whether self-taught or gained through industry experience.
- Digital portfolio. Submit a digital portfolio of your graphic design practice. This may include previous project work and your current work-in-progress. It can take the form of a link to your blog or website and/or be presented as an interactive PDF. This will help the admissions team assess your suitability for MA study online.
- Proof of proficiency in English (minimum overall score of IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.0 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening or TOEFL IBT (Internet Based Test) with a minimum of 88 overall and at least 21 in all 4 components).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10900 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10900 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.