The Master of Science in International Politics at KU Leuven is a one-year Master's programme that aims to provide you with the theoretical and methodological skills necessary to study governance in a globalizing world. You will learn to anticipate on and find solutions for complex global challenges in diplomacy, development cooperation, peace processes and conflict management, environmental politics, international development and political economy. Moreover, you will study regional political developments in Europe, North America, China, Russia, Eurasia and the Middle East.
The MIP programme gives you the opportunity to study at one of Europe's oldest and most well-established universities and to engage in international affairs at all levels. The programme is both promoted and supported by the Faculty of Social Sciences and rejoices regular interaction with developments in and outside political institutions in Brussels.
Graduated students of the Master of International Politics will have access to a wide range of employment pathways across various sectors, including the private, governmental and non-governmental sectors at the national, European and international levels.
They will be able to compete for a career in academia or as a policy or decision maker in the political arena. They will have the necessary skills to work as a regional expert, UN consultant, an employee in a non-profit organisation, programme coordinator, policy adviser, researcher, diplomat or journalist.
- International Politics in the 21st Century: Challenges, Approaches and Methods
- Peace Research and Conflict Management
- Global Environmental Politics
- International Political Economy
- Global Politics and Diplomacy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Political Science View 22 other Masters in Political Science in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A decision for admission is based upon the evaluation of a complete application file.
- Diploma(s) and transcript(s) of academic records: all applicants must upload PDF scans of his/her original diploma(s) and original transcript(s) of academic records. If the applicant has not graduated yet at the time of his/her application, a proof of provisional graduation issued by the university and the intermediate official transcript(s) of records should be uploaded.
- English Proficiency Certificate (or proof of test registration)
International3900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3900 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA960 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 960 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.