After the World War II, European Union (EU), as a new regional cooperation shaped in the Western Europe, has become one of the most important models of regional integration in the World with its extensive institutional structure and extending policy areas. While the legal, political and economic aspects of the European integration process were primary along the Cold War era, with the 1990s foreign policy, security and defense has become important aspects beside internal policy developments.
With the mid 1980s, EU has turned towards restructuring its relations with the countries out of the union by means of enlargement policies. When looking from these sides, European integration is a multi dimensional project with its political, economic, legal, social and cultural integration aspects.
Therefore, this multi dimensionality brings the European Studies into an interdisciplinary position. The Master of Science in European Studies at METU Middle East Technical University gained the necessity of being a distinct specializing area in the graduate level because of the changing position of Turkey after the Helsinki Summit.
We can list the aims of the Graduate Program In European Studies, prepared as an answer to that necessity as:
- to help forming specialist managerial staff about different aspects of the European integration and EU in different institutions and establishments
- to make EU policies in the post-Helsinki period examined and understood by getting touch with EU authorities
- to constitute a public opinion about EU and Turkey-EU relations by means of internal and external seminars and conferences
- to determine the changes that Turkey will encounter in policies and constitutional contexts during the integration process.
More informationVisit official programme website
- State and Society in Europe
- Politics of European Integration
- Economics of European Integration
- Politics of Migration in Europe
- State and society in Europe
- Politics of European integration
- Inst. And law of the European union
- Economics of European integration
- Globalization and the new geopolitics after
- The crash: locating Europe in the present
- Dev. of European identity and the European
- Politics of migration in Europe
- European Union environment and natural
- Resources policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Without a thesis: 60 credits
DisciplinesEuropean Studies View 6 other Masters in European Studies in Turkey
- Application Fee Receipt
- English Proficiency Exam Score
- Graduate Exams
- Reference Letters
- Letter of Intention
- Recognition Letter - only for non-Turkish citizens who graduated from any abroad university
- Equivalence Letter - only for Turkish citizens who studied in any abroad university
International224 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 112 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National36 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Resident: 129 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 768 TL/Semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.