The student body includes individuals from all parts of Eurasia.
The main objectives of the program are as follows:
- to introduce the history and culture of Eurasian societies,
- to look at international as well as domestic sources of change in Eurasia,
- to equip the students with the interdisciplinary methodology needed for conducting academic research on various aspects of Eurasia,
- to create an academic atmosphere for the students from the region as well as other parts of the world in which they can exchange views, and
- to train the students for their professional and academic careers.
The Master of Arts in Eurasian Studies at METU Middle East Technical University contains thesis and non-thesis options. The thesis program requires the students to complete seven credit-courses (two required courses, three recommended electives, and two free electives from other departments) and the non-credit course, Pro-thesis Seminar, in addition to writing a Master’s Thesis. The non-thesis program requires the students to take ten credit-courses (two required courses, five recommended electives and three free electives from other departments) and to complete a term-project. Upon the successful completion of the requirements of either program, the Master’s Degree in Eurasian Studies will be awarded.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Society and Culture in Eurasia
- Politics of State Building in Eurasia
- Introduction to Post-Soviet Studies
- Research Methods and Ethics
- Gender question in the Soviet Union and post-Soviet space
- State and nation-building in South Caucasus
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 11 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Turkey
An academic committee evaluates the applications on a competitive basis, and applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
1- Provision of a Letter of Intent (English or Turkish) that clearly states the purpose of the application to the program,
2- Provision of two printed reference letters (in signed and sealed envelopes) that give a detailed description of the candidate,
3- ALES 55; GRE quantitative 610,
4- IYS 70; TOEFL IBT 86,
5- CGPA minimum 2.50/4.00.
International224 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 112 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National36 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Resident: 129 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 768 TL/Semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.