Graduates in management, however, are finding it difficult to understand the new technologies in manufacturing, quality management, marketing and distribution, and are not equipped with the analytical tools and methods needed to cope with issues related with these technologies. Engineers who have been promoted into management, on the other hand, do not know much about the management of new technology and the people who use it. The days of managers who get along with only technical expertise or purely administrative skills seem to be over and there is a need for a new type of professional.
The Master of Science in Engineering Management at METU Middle East Technical University meets the demand for such professionals by combining professional engineering practice with core business and management subjects typically found in an M.B.A. program.
It provides a core curriculum in:
- management science
The required and elective courses represent a blend of engineering skills and business knowledge needed to develop innovative solutions to complex business problems utilizing the broader vision of system thinking.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Management Accounting and Engineering Economics
- Operations Management
- Systems and Organizations
- Technology Management
- Decision Models
- Project Management
- Total Quality management
- Strategic Planning
- Strategy and Structure of Cooperation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesTechnology Management General Engineering & Technology View 9 other Masters in Technology Management in Turkey
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in:
- Background in calculus, probability, statistics, and computer programming.
- Proficiency in English: A minimum score of 65 in METU English Proficiency Exam (EPE), or an equivalent score of 79 in TOEFL-IBT.
- A minimum score in the Graduate Admission Examination (ALES), or an equivalent GRE score. The current minimum score in quantitative section of ALES is 75.
- A letter of purpose explaining the goals of the candidate.
- Reference letters (2)
- A favorable opinion of the program committee.
International612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 306 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National34 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Resident: 140 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 2500 TL/Semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.