Geological Engineering requires the integration of geological science and engineering principles and methods, beyond the concepts of geology as a science, for the recognition, analysis is and solution of various engineering problems which require professional and specialized geological investigations.
The educational mission of the Geological Engineering Department of the Faculty of Engineering of Middle East Technical University is to graduate professionals who are capable of providing innovative solutions to geological engineering problems met by private, public, industrial and government entities, as well as being able to follow, utilize and disseminate developments in related areas of science and technology.
The objective of Master of Science in Geological Engineering at METU Middle East Technical University with thesis is to make students reach the:
- knowledge through scientific research
- make comment on the knowledge.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global tectonics
- Advanced igneous &metamorphic
- Sedimentary petrology and
- Advanced photogeology
- Geochemistry of mineral deposits
- Advanced mineralogy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Geology View 9 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Turkey
- Application Form
- ALES score type has to be quantitative.
- Reference letters (2); required forms can be downloaded via the internet.
- Letter of intention (included in the online form)
- Official copies of Transcript(s)
- The language of instruction at METU is English. A valid and acceptable English qualifying exam score is therefore required. Acceptable tests, scores and conversion charts are announced in the Graduate School website.
International612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 306 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National34 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Resident: 140 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 2500 TL/Semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.