Master of Science in Statistics at METU Middle East Technical University:
- Requires at least seven courses with credit
- The curriculum consists of compulsory courses, departmental elective courses, and non-departmental elective courses.
- Compulsory courses are theoretical statistics courses and aim to have students acquire a sound understanding of the theoretical basis of statistics.
- Departmental elective courses aim to have students get skilled in modeling and computational methods for statistics applied in various different areas such as economics, finance, marketing, sociology, psychology, genetics, and medicine.
- The degree requires conducting a research and writing a thesis. A thesis is usually one of the following: methodological, computational, empirical, or theoretical. In a typical methodological M.S. thesis, student compares and evaluates different available statistical models and estimation methods through a simulation study. In a computational M.S. thesis, computational statistical methods are the emphasis. In an empirical M.S. thesis, a novel data set is the central to the thesis and a collection of appropriate existing statistical methods are employed for the analysis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- M.S. Thesis
- Statistical Theory
- Graduate Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science Genetics View 8 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Turkey
- ALES score type have to be quantitative, GRE for Foreign students
- Reference letters (2)
- Letter of intention (included in the online form)
- Scientific written exam and/or interview
- TOEFL, IBT or IELTS or IYS for both Turkish and Foreign students
International612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 306 USD per semester during 24 months.
National34 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Resident: 140 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 1500 TL/Semester
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.