Sustainable development is an important political objective in Sweden, the European Union, and other countries all over the world. The concept of sustainable development has an interdisciplinary basis and applies a holistic approach incorporating economic, social and ecological dimensions. Knowledge of the way interactions between environmental and social factors affect economic development is central.
UN's sustainable development goals in the education
SLU's educations creates knowledge which contributes to the goals for sustainable development, both in Sweden and internationally.
The Sustainable Development programme from Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences offers the prospect of a job as a decision maker in the private or public sector, a teacher or a scientist. Examples of job opportunities in the private sector are the automobile construction and IT sectors, and a range of non-governmental organisations. Other potential employers are public agencies such as environmental protection agencies and local and regional authorities, owing to their need to implement sustainability targets set by central government. The studies will also form an excellent basis for pursuing PhD studies and academic research
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The program starts with a review of different approaches to sustainable development in natural and social sciences. You will be equipped with a number of analytical and quantitative tools appropriate for assessing and managing sustainable development.
- These are then applied to interdisciplinary case studies where you will work with students from other disciplines.
- You choose optional courses in the third term within the profile of your Bachelor’s degree.
- The master thesis is written during the fourth and final term.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesSustainable Development View 43 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Equivalent to Bachelor’s degree of 180 Credits including 90 Credits in one of the following subjects/subject areas:
- Natural Science
- Social Sciences
- Humanities (with the exception of language studies)
This programme is taught in English. The applicant must further have a level of English equivalent to upper secondary school English, called English 6.
International14051 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28103 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 72500
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 290000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.