Graduate candidates are expected to acquire an adequate knowledge of the history and theories of architecture and related arts, technologies and human sciences, a critical awareness of current paradigms, issues and themes of present day architectural debates and the ability to use them in individual research.
The Master of Science in Architecture at METU Middle East Technical University is involved with processes concerning the:
- application and dissemination of knowledge
- offers various graduate theory and research courses
- graduate design research studios.
Elective courses cover a wide range of research interests and orientations supported by the diversity and the versatility of the staff profile, with extensive teaching experience both in studio and theory courses.
The program’s resources have recently been mobilized and restructured under different research tracks in order to foster the existing strengths of the program and to nurture and encourage the development of emerging research agendas and structures brought forth by new priorities and challenges in architectural research. Built upon a clear diagnosis and awareness of global educational and research priorities and emergent fields, these non-compulsory research tracks offer graduate students the possibility to pursue their individual research agendas along different research orientations offered by the Department.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Seminar in Thesis Research
- Directed in Environmental Design
- Descriptive and Systematic Approaches
- Seminar in Architecture
- Critical Theories on Urban Architecture
- Architectural Research
- Architecture and Discourse
- Creative Mapping Techniques in Architecture
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture View 23 other Masters in Architecture in Turkey
- ALES score type have to be quantitative
- Two reference letters must be uploaded (at least one from academic sources).
- Statement of Purpose
- A digital portfolio and CV must be submitted
- A four-year B.Arch. degree is required.
- Interviews are held in English.
International224 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 112 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National36 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Resident: 129 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 768 TL/Semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.