The master's degree in Molecular Biotechnology at University of Barcelona provides students with the training to access third-cycle studies in the area of biotechnology or other doctoral programmes in related areas, or to obtain employment in the field of biotechnology.
The overall aim of the master's degree in Molecular Biotechnology at University of Barcelona is to train professionals in applied biotechnology, in other words, to train specialists who can use a wide range of technical resources to design and improve bioprocesses.
Skills and competences
- Display a capacity for the analysis and synthesis of scientific publications.
- Design, write about and present a specific topic and apply logical and critical thinking to biotechnology or related projects.
- Work independently and as part of a group.
- Demonstrate an ability to take the initiative in new challenges, and in coordination and leadership tasks.
- Molecular Biology
- Animal Biotechnology
- Biotechnological Applications
- Cell and Tissue Engineering
- Drug Design and Production
- Ethical, Legal and Management Issues in Research and Development and Entrepreneurship in Biotechnology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This master's degree is particularly suitable for holders of official bachelor's degrees or equivalent undergraduate degrees in experimental or health sciences, as students with these qualifications will have sufficient previous training in the field
- Students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses: An official Spanish degree or, a degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue or, a qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area
International4920 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 82 EUR per credit during 12 months.
EU/EEA2820 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47 EUR per credit during 12 months.
A pre-enrolment fee of 30,21 euros is charged.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.